OSP’s docket on Cecilia Dapaah received, under review – EOCO Boss

The Executive Director of the Economic and Organised Office (EOCO), Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah has acknowledged receipt of the docket on Cecilia Dapaah, former Sanitation Minister, in respect of the alleged money laundering case involving her.

Madam Addo-Danquah said although the Office of the Special Prosecutor has formally submitted the docket to her outfit, she is yet to review it.

“I have that and we are now reviewing, at the appropriate time we will speak about it. I am not well briefed about the docket, so I don’t want to make any comment on it until we review it. The most important thing is that he has handed over, I don’t have any more thing to add,” she told 3News’ Beatrice Adu.

Asked if she has heard about the story regarding the contract awarded by the Ghana Revenue Authority to Strategic Mobilization Limited (SML) she said, “you see, I don’t talk about thinks that I am not well briefed. If you want to talk to me about other things, fine but not on that.”

It would be recalled that on January 25, the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) referred the Cecilia Dapaah case to the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO).

The Special Prosecutor, Mr. Kissi Agyebeng announced this at a press conference in Accra.

“The Office has determined that the crime borders largely on money laundering, which falls within the mandate of EOCO,” he said.

The OSP 11 months ago, announced it was investigating the then Sanitation Minister Cecilia Abena Dapaah following reports that huge sums of money had been stolen from her residence by her domestic staff.

Cash sums ranging from 590,000 dollars and 2.7 million cedis were found at various residences belonging to Ms. Dapaah.

Her bank accounts were also frozen but an attempt by the investigative body to obtain the blessings of the court was unsuccessful.

This, however, did not deter the OSP from holding on to the funds and attempting to get the court to confirm his actions.

The OSP on January 25, however announced it has decided to discontinue the case. The Office explains that it reached this conclusion following extensive collaborative investigations within and outside Ghana.

About choicenewsonline

Contact choicenewsonline.com on 0240458530 / 0548913442 Or you can visit my Gmail simonopokua@gmail.com

Check Also

NORTHERN NPP CONCERN YOUTH GROUP CONDEMNS ONE-SIDED SUPPORT AND OPEN DECLARATION FOR THE RUNNING MATE SLOT.

The leadership of the Northern NPP Concern Youth group based in the Northern Region of …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *