According to financial experts, geopolitical tension caused by the Russian-Ukraine war is sinking the world’s big stock markets, leaving investors to run towards what they perceive as safe-haven assets such as the dollar, gold, or bonds.
Africa is one continent that has almost all the human resources available, as she is blessed abundantly in all areas.
As a precious metal, gold has been used for many thousands of years by people all over the world, for jewelry, and as money. Though the poorest continent, Africa is one place that all other continents come to for one thing or the other.
goldBlessed with natural resources like gold, she is indeed enriched. So here are the top 10 African countries with the largest gold reserves;
10. Mozambique – 3.94 metric tons
9. Tunisia – 6.84 metric tons
8. Ghana – 8.74 metric tons
7. Mauritius – 12.44 metric tons
6. Nigeria – 21.37 metric tons
5. Morocco – 22.12 metric tons
4. Egypt – 80.73 metric tons
3. Libya – 117 metric tons
2. South Africa – 125 metric tons
1. Algeria – 174 metric tons