My attention has been drawn to a lies-laden release making rounds by the disqualified aspirant Ofori Atta (Commando) calling Hon Isaac Kwame Asiamah a failed MP.
Is laughable and shameful for some body who was interdicted by national security due to his crass involvement in the infamous excavator scandal that caused the NPP government a dented opprobrium and also couldn’t mention the name of his own polling station making this uncivilised and childish claims just to distract the good people of Atwima Mponua’s attention.
If not malicious, mischief and uninformed allegations, how can you call an MP who through his assiduous work, loyalty and honesty to his people has lifted the image of the New Patriotic Party in Atwima Mponua Constituency a failed MP.
Some of the achievements of Hon. Isaac Asiamah are electrification of over 460 communities, borehole to almost 530 communities, 124 kilometers of our road are or is been tarred including him (Ofori Atta) home town of Bedabour; Bayerebon road construction (ongoing); Kwanfifi-Akonkye, Mpasatia to Bedabour (completed) Nyinahin township road (ongoing) Tano Odumasi to Anansu (ongoing) Nyinahin-Awisesu (ongoing) Amangoase-Achiase (ongoing).
In addition, in his bid to ensure an excellent human capital, Honorable Isaac Asiamah has given Financial support to over 1000 needy but brilliant students, built a maternity block for Nyinahin hospital, built Library at Nyinahin and Mpasatia, built a multi purpose sports complex which is at it final stage of completion for the people of Atwima Mponua Constituency, construction of Kwanfifi and Otaakrom Community park which are ongoing. He has given the NPP a well furnished office, financially supported tailors and hairdressers. He has donated about 350 sowing and Hair drying machines to skilled workers.
It is not by fluke that he has been praised by the media as the best Youth and Sports Minister since fourth republic.
These are some of his achievements at the ministry which includes, but not limited to;
1. Renovation of Accra, Kumasi, Tamale and Essipong sports stadium.
2. Construction of ten multi purpose stadia across the then ten regions of our country. These are Kanishie Azumah Nelson Sports Complex(Greater Accra) Axim(Western region) Dunkwa on Offin(Central region) Ho(Volta), Dorman Ahenkro(Bono Reg) Wa(Upper West) Navrongo (Upper East) Yendi( Northern Region) Nyinahin(Ashanti Region) Koforidua in the Eastern region. These sporting centers have other sporting facilities in them, such as basketball, tennis courts, handball, netball, tartan tracks etal. Works also commenced for some other towns such as Techiman, Sefwi Wiawso, Dambai, Nalerigu, Damongo, Sunyani, Mampong and Offinso under Hon Isaac Kwame Asiamah
3. Construction of 3- bedroom house for Black Star coaches.
4. Settled some left by predecessors. Notable among them is the outstanding bonuses owed to the Black Queen’s of Ghana which led to the demonstration by the players. And also the $45,000 debt owed to Ghana’s first Boxing champion D.K Poison.
5. Amidst the Anas expose, the Ministry under the able leadership of Hon Isaac Kwame Asiamah managed to avoid any Fifa sanctions on Ghana Football.
6. Hon Isaac Kwame Asiamah also see to over one thousand athletes getting into board with YEA Programme with allowances every month.
7. For the first time in the history of the Youth and Sports Ministry, supported premiership clubs with fifty thousand Ghana cedis (each club).
With these glaring achievements, one can only agree with the media the media that he’s performed to perfection.
Ofori Atta has been sponsoring people to cause mayhem at party gatherings, to insult the leadership of the party at the constituency and have tried many times to cause division just to blame them on the hard working Patriot the Honorable MP. The sad aspect of it is that this man (Ofori Atta) has never won a unit committee position before but yet enjoy attacking an MP who has contested and the MP position for 5 consecutive terms.
I therefore call on all Patriot to remain resolute on our unabated agenda to break the 8. Let’s all avoid spreading falsified information, unite ourselves so we can break the 8 come 2024 easily.
NPP Organiser Atwima Mponua Constituency
By: Benjamin Kwarteng (otec fm)