A fifteen-year-old JHS 2 girl, Evelyn Owusu Boateng, last Saturday was electrocuted during a heavy downpour in the Sunyani Municipality.
Evelyn Owusu Boateng is a form two student of Roman Catholic Junior High School at Odumase, the Sunyani West District capital in the Bono Region.
According to father of the deceased, Kwabena Owusu Aduomi, “Evelyn was the only one in the house and was about to prepare food when the rain started with thunder and lightning. She went to her room and was later found unconscious with cuts all over her body including burnt breast. Her mobile phone was beside her broken into pieces in the room.”
She was rushed to Bono Regional Hospital where she was pronounced dead by doctors. Doctors explained she died through electric shock.